Monday, September 22, 2008

Kindergarten - Part 2!

Okay, we survived week one and week two of my
daughter's Kindergarten career. Here's
our update: Did mom cry on her first day of
Kindergarten? The answer is -YES! I was doing
okay until I saw another mother start to cry as
she was leaving, and then that was all I needed to
"put this mom over the edge." I held those tears back
until I no longer had that little girl at my side. I cried the
entire way home. But, we survived. When I picked
her up, she was in "all her glory". She had a million
stories to tell. So, mom was now at ease.

Although, she caught a virus the first week. Other
than a small fever and an upset stomach, we were well
on our way to week two. Wow! She seems so much
older! It is amazing how fast she "grew up" in
two weeks!

Here is a sweet little song that she has been singing the
past few weeks:

In my new fancy clothes and pair of shoes, I'm on my
way to school. So, I'm just starting Kindergarten,
I'm nobody's fool!

Goin' learn reading, writing, and arithmetic, and words
won't make me squirm. And you can quote me, "They'll
promote me twice in every term!"

In every subject I will pass, with letters from A to Z, and
I'll show every kid in class that I come from a real smart
famliy.

So, off to the classroom to meet new friends and stay with
them 'till noon. So, I'm just starting Kindergarten, I'll be
graduating soon!

(author unknown)

Deborah
www.choosemiabella.com

No comments: