Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What if?

What if, what if, what if? I have a BIG "what if" in my life right
now! It is the "what if" of Kindergarten. Kindergarten seems
like a simple word, but to me, it is the largest word
in the entire world. No, don't worry, I'm not going to
Kindergarten, but my "baby" is headed there in 6 days.

I have so many thoughts. Tonight, I sit in a quiet house as
everyone is asleep, but me. My mind is racing back to
the day she was born. I then thought of that first step,
that first tooth, that first word (no it was not "mama",
it was "da da"). Where have these 5 years gone?

I have seen my baby grow from a helpless infant to
a very intelligent and hard working 5 year old.
She is capable of doing so many more things for
herself now, but why is it that mommy is really
struggling with the fact of her going to school? I guess
I see a "book" closing and a brand new one opening.
As a mom, I want to have my kids with me at all times,
but I guess that is not possible, is it?

Life is full of changes. Many are easy, yet some are so
hard. I think of my girl going to school and my mind
is full of "what ifs". What if she gets sick at school?
What if she cannot open her supplies by herself?
What if she feels lonley without us? What if, what
if, what if!

She is a very mature 5 year old, so I am sure she
will be fine. It is mom I am worried about. I
have already told myself that I will not cry in front
of her (wonder if that will last??), but I cannot help
but think the tears will fall as I walk away from that
K5 classroom, leaving my child in the care of a very
responsible person........but how I will miss her!!

What is it about us that makes us wonder "what
if"? I was just thinking the other day how happy
I am with my home based business! What if I
had not decided to do this? What if I had not taken
the time to do my best at it or anything else in life?
What if, what if, what if?

Okay...Kindergarten may see simple, but to me it is
my greatest challenge. All the concerns I have for
my little one are not unusual I am sure, but I am
already missing her! Oh, the love of a mother!

I am concerned about all her "what ifs" and all she
is worried about is that they will not have the
kind of snacks she likes!!! What if, what it,
what if?


Deborah
Team Leader, business Coach, but most importantly
MOM!

http://www.choosemiabella.com/

No comments: