Friday, June 6, 2008

Excuses

Excuses!

Wow - what a thought! When is the last time we made an excuse?
Well, we probably would not have to think about it very long to
remember that last event. Maybe it was an hour ago!

Today, I want to focus on making excuses for not working your home
based business.

Let me introduce you to two different people.

First, let's meet, "Suzy #1"

Suzy 1 has a family, cleans, does laundry, is involved in community
service, runs kids to various activities, takes care of a sick parent,
is involved in her church, takes care of the family finances, and
has a static home based business.

Suzy 2 also has a family, cleans, does laundry, is involved in
community service, runs kids to various activities, takes care
of a sick parent, is involved in her church, takes care of the
family finances, and has a thriving home based business.

Here are two different women who do the exact same things.
One is striving in her home based business while the other
is not. What is the difference? Probably excuses as well
as a mindset. Yes, I stay very busy, but I have also had to
"refocus" as I find myself making excuses for not working
my home based business.

My greatest month so far for my business was a January.
I jumped into the new year and went full force! Can I do that
every month? Absolutely! Can you be successful at your
home based business? SURE! I encourage you to avoid
making excuses and start putting YOUR goals into action.

Recently, my 4 year old heard the phrase "stretching the truth".
She asked me what that meant. I went into my lengthy
explanation. Yet, later the thought came to my mind...is
stretching the truth also making excuses? Yes, it can be!
Have you ever "stretched the truth" while making an excuse?
Many times, that excuse is not as accurate as it may seem.

My challenge to ALL of us, work that home based business.
Sure, some people just go at it harder and can go places in 5
months that may take others 3 years, but I am sure we can
ALL do better than our present state. Okay, here is my personal
challenge - I am not going to make any more excuses for
working my home based business. It will not hurt me to get up
1 hour earlier. Actually, I get some of my best work done for my
home based business at the early hours of the morning. I can get
a days work done in a very short amount of time, when I wake
early! I am thrilled with the way my business has grown, but it
could grow even faster, if I do not find "excuses"!

Deborah
http://www.choosemiabella.com/

No comments: