Thursday, June 5, 2008

Father's

Father's Day is just 9 days away. I have been busy buying gifts,
writing cards and getting everything just as perfect as I can
for that day.

My little girls have their cards ready to sign for dad, they have
mailed Grandpa his card and gift (McDonald's gift certificates - what
do you think? Well, to them it is EXACTLY what Grandpa would
want! Or, do you think they are hoping he will save them for
when they are all together so they get a trip to the Golden Arch?
I'm with you...I vote for the 2nd choice! ), and have made their trip
to the photographer for their annual Father's Day pictures.
That event was a little harder this year than last! My 4 year
old was in all her glory, but my one year old decided from the
second we stepped into the studio that she was not going to
like this idea!

When you say the word "Dad", what comes to your mind? Is it
a family trip, a special day or a fond memory? As I think back
to my childhood, I think of a man that always gave of himself
for his family. Dad never needed anything....well, at least he
said he did not. He was always there for us! Whenever asked
what he wanted for Father's Day, Christmas or his birthday
he always replied, "brown socks"! Why did it take me so many
years to realize that dad really did not need brown socks, he
just did not want me to spend a lot of money on him. If you
were to look at his sock drawer, IT IS JAMMED PACKED
with brown, black, tan and blue socks.

I hope your memories are as wonderful as mine. If not, then
decide TODAY to be the parent, grandparent or family member that
you should be for those you love! You know, it only takes a
minute to show someone you care. That one minute you
took for someone could bring a lifetime of happiness each time
they hear the mention of your name.

So, as Father's Day approaches, take the time to show love to
those that have always showed love to you. I have my dad's
gift in the mail, and guess what......IT IS NOT BROWN SOCKS -
for he deserves a lot more, and he should have always had more in
the first place.


Deborah
http://www.choosemiabella.com/

No comments: