Monday, July 14, 2008

Fear

Fear! What fear do you have that is holding you
back from becoming your best? Are you not excelling
in your job, your home based business, or your education
because of a FEAR??

As I am writing this entry, I am watching my 5
year old trying to accomplish a goal. She is
attempting to "climb" her way out of something.
I have offered my assistance several times the
past 20 minutes, but her reply: "I can do it."
So, for that reason and the lesson I hope she is
learning, I will sit here, patiently watching her
accomplish that task. Could I help her?
Absolutely...and her "goal" could have been
completed 20 minutes ago. But, it would not
mean near the same as HER ACCOMPLISHING
IT HERSELF!

Also, as I look her in eyes, I see that one "goal
stopper" - - I see fear! I am sitting here being
her cheerleader - telling her that she can do it.
But at the same time, I see the doubt in her eyes
and the wheels turning in her head and they are
saying, "What happens if I do not make it"???
She has asked me at least 5 times, "Do you think
I will make it, mom?" "Yes! Sure you can, you
are almost there", is my reply!

As I look at her, I thinking of how she has changed
over the past five years. Do you know that 2 years
ago, she would have jumped right out, not thinking
twice! Oh, the faith of a child. But as she has
"grown up" a little, she has obtained what we all have
learned, fear! She has seen a few more falls, bumps
and bruises, so "fear" has now set in a little more than
2 years ago. Yet, on the other hand, my one year old
would have jumped without thinking twice this morning
because she has yet to learn the extent of her "fears".

So, what is my challenge to you? Yes, there is a
healthy sense of fear, but is that FEAR holding you
back from being your best? Are you afraid of failure?
Are you afraid of not meeting that goal? What are
you scared of? Move on.....have more of the faith
of a child, and reach that goal!

Here were are, 25 minutes later, and my 5 year old
just reached her goal! With some cheers from mom,
some self confidence and reassurance that SHE COULD
DO IT....it is done, and we are enjoying the victory!

Way to go, little girl! Mommy is proud of you! Once she
overcame her fear, she was there!!

Release and reach the top!

Deborah
http://www.choosemiabella.com/

No comments: